EAR MASA COB Module¶
Calculate EAR, MASA, and CoB values from a spectral library.
- EAR = Endmember Average RMSE
- MASA = Minimum Average Spectral Angle
- CoB = Count based Endmember selection (CoB)
Dennison, P.E., Roberts, D.A., 2003, Endmember Selection for Multiple Endmember Spectral Mixture Analysis using Endmember Average RMSE, Remote Sensing of Environment, 87, p. 123-135.
Dennison, P.E., Halligan, K. Q., Roberts, D.A., 2004, A Comparison of Error Metrics and Constraints for Multiple Endmember Spectral Mixture Analysis and Spectral Angle Mapper, Remote Sensing of Environment, 93, p. 359-367.
Roberts, D.A., Dennison, P.E., Gardner, M.E., Hetzel, Y., Ustin, S.L., Lee, C.T., 2003, Evaluation of the potential of Hyperion for fire danger assessment by comparison to the Airborne Visible/Infrared Imaging Spectrometer, IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, 41, p. 1297-1310.
Clark, M., 2005, An assessment of Hyperspectral and LIDAR Remote Sensing for the Monitoring of Tropical Rain Forest Trees, PhD Dissertation, UC Santa Barbara, 319 p.
execute(library: numpy.array, class_list: numpy.array, constraints: tuple = (-0.05, 1.05, 0.025), reset: bool = True, log: callable = <built-in function print>)¶
Calculate EAR, MASA and COB parameters.
Beware of the square array used as input! Ideally it is built in ‘reset’ mode. The constraints band has 6 possible values indicating which constraint was breached:
- 0 = no breach
- 1/2 = a fraction constraint breached (reset/no reset)
- 3 = RMSE constraint breached
- 4/5 = 1/2 (fractions reset/no reset) + 3 (RMSE)
- library – spectral library [spectra as columns], scaled to reflectance values, without bad bands
- class_list – str array with the class for each spectrum (e.g. GV or SOIL)
- constraints – min fraction, max fraction and max RMSE. Use (-9999, -9999, -9999) for unconstrained.
- reset – fractions are reset to threshold values in case of breach, BEST TURNED ON
- log – log function
ear, masa, cob_in, cob_out, cob_ratio: all 1-D arrays complementing the original library’s metadata.